When we opened the doors to the new Y on December 12, 2011, we expected growth. We believed members would want to be here. We just didn’t realize how much they would want to be here!
That is really good news. So many people have said, “Wow! I’m going to re-dedicate myself to a healthier lifestyle’, ‘You now have what I need’, ‘Our family is going use the Y regularly’. And, they are.
The Y is a difference maker. To our kids, our families, our young people, our seniors, our physically and mentally challenged.
But one out of five people in our community can’t afford to use the Y. At least, not without financial help.
And, that is where I hope you can help.
In 2011 the Y provided financial support to more than 500 children, youth, adults & seniors. With our increase in membership and childcare, we are on track to provide financial support to almost 1000 individuals in our community in 2012, at a cost of almost $300,000.
That $300,000 doesn’t come from regular membership fees. About half comes from the Monadnock United Way and other grants. The other half comes from donations.
Without contributions from our members and friends, it would be impossible to provide the financial support needed to give EVERYONE an opportunity to belong to the Y.
Community support of our Capital Campaign made the new Y possible. I hope you will consider supporting the Y with a gift to our annual Reach Out Campaign. We will put your gift to immediate use supporting child and infant care, youth programs, and families and adults struggling with costs.
Here are some examples of how your gift can help:
- $50 provides a struggling adult with Y membership for one month
- $100 enables 6 teens to participate in our youth development programs for one month
- $250 provides 5 children with swim lessons and water safety instruction
- $500 enrolls 14 children in vacation day camp
- $1000 provides a deserving family in our community with a Y membership
- $2500 sends 18 children to summer day camp
- $5000 covers the cost of full day infant care for 6 months.
Thank you for supporting the Keene Family YMCA!